When I’m entertaining, I like having something ready for guests to nibble on when they arrive. These Rosemary Cashews are easy to throw together and are guaranteed to elevate a cocktail hour or afternoon snack. They are sweet and salty with a subtle kick of heat. Packaged in a cute container, they also make a thoughtful hostess or holiday gift. There are many flavored nuts available for purchase, but making your own is healthier and less expensive.
2 cups of whole raw cashews
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 TBSP coconut oil
2 TBSP chopped rosemary
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300.
- Spread the cashews on a dry sheet pan.
- Roast the cashews in the oven for 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan combine the maple syrup, coconut oil, rosemary, sea salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Warm over medium heat and stir until well combined.
- Add the cashews to the maple syrup mixture and cook over medium high heat for 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Line the sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Spread the cashew mixture on the sheet pan and return to the oven.
- Roast for 5 minutes and then stir the cashews.
- Roast for an additional 5 minutes and then stir the cashews again.
- Continue to roast for an additional 5 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool, breaking apart clusters as needed.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container at room temperature.