No-Bake Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
When my daughters came home from college during quarantine, I made a lot of treats. I think it was my way of trying to make their newfound circumstances more fun. Each week I put together a batch of peanut butter bars, experimenting with different ingredients. I would keep a pan in the refrigerator and we would all slice off pieces to nibble on throughout the day. If you just take little bite here and there and don’t take a full bar at once, you are eating less, right?
This recipe is the version we all liked best. I love that they are gluten free and dairy free and sweetened with pure maple syrup. They remind me of Special K bars but are made with healthier ingredients. Enjoy!
1 1/2 cups natural peanut butter
3/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 cup puffed quinoa (I like nuts.com brand)
1 cup salted peanuts, chopped
1 1/2 cups dairy free chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups peanut butter and the maple syrup.
- Add the the puffed quinoa and the chopped peanuts. Mix well.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture into the parchment lined pan and smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips or dark chocolate and 1/4 cup peanut butter to a bowl and melt in the microwave, or over a sauce pan filled with simmering water.
- Spread the melted chocolate mixture on top of the bars and smooth.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours until set.
- Cut into bars and store in the refrigerator.