These healthy salmon kebabs are easy to make and loaded with flavor. I love the peppery punch from the horseradish and the brightness of the lemon and chives in the marinade. The combination is delicious. I suggest using two skewers per kebab because it makes the delicate fish easier to flip on the grill. I like to serve these with my favorite chopped green salad recipe for the perfect summer meal.
1 1/2 pounds wild salmon, skin removed and cut into 1-inch cubes
2 TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp salt
2 tsp horseradish
2 tsp dijon mustard
2 TBSP chopped fresh chives
2 lemons sliced
- If using wooden skewers, soak 12 of them in water for 30 minutes or longer.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, horseradish, dijon, and chives and mix well.
- Add the salmon cubes and stir until well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Thread the salmon cubes on pairs of wooden skewers alternating with folded lemon slices.
- Continue until all the salmon has been skewered.
- Lightly oil a hot grill by putting olive oil on a bunched up paper towel using tongs to wipe the grill grate.
- Grill the salmon kebabs over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes per side or until done.
- Serve 4-6.