Make Ahead Roast Beef Tenderloin
Roast beef tenderloin is a special occasion dish that’s perfect to serve during the holidays. It is the most tender cut of beef and always a crowd pleaser.
With this recipe you can roast the meat a few hours ahead of time and store it in a cooler until you are ready to serve it. It will hold its temperature. This works great if you are entertaining and plan to serve dinner immediately following a church service or program. It also works well if you are bringing a dish to a friend or family member’s house. Tenderloin works well as an entree, but can also be served as a heavy appetizer with soft rolls. Horseradish sauce or grainy mustard make great condiments.
1 whole beef tenderloin trimmed (4-5 pounds)
4 TBSP ghee
1 TBSP salt
2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 475.
- Place the tenderloin on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spread ghee all over the tenderloin.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25-35 minutes or until thermometer reads 135 for medium rare.
- Remove from the oven and wrap tightly in aluminum foil.
- Place the wrapped tenderloin in a cooler.
- The tenderloin will hold for up to 2 hours in the cooler.
- When you are ready to serve, unwrap the tenderloin and slice.
- If serving right away, allow the meat to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serves 8-10 as an entree.