Blueberry and Goat Cheese Salad with Honey Walnuts
I love the combination of flavors and textures in this salad. The soft sweet burst of blueberries with the crunchy walnuts and velvety goat cheese is so satisfying. Adding the freshly toasted walnuts with honey melts the goat cheese and creates a creamy dressing with the olive oil and lemon juice. It is so flavorful you won’t even realize you are eating spinach. Enjoy!
6 cups of fresh spinach chopped
1 pint of fresh blueberries
4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
2 Tbsp olive oil divided
1 cup walnut halves and pieces
1 Tbsp honey
1 lemon, juiced
Sea salt to taste
- Place the chopped spinach in a large salad bowl.
- Place the blueberries and the goat cheese on top of the spinach.
- In a large sauté pan over medium high heat, add 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the walnuts and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the honey and sauté and stir the walnuts for an additional 1-2 minutes until the walnuts are golden brown.
- Pour the warm honey walnuts over the salad and stir quickly to melt the goat cheese.
- Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil, lemon juice, and a pinch of sea salt and toss.
- Adjust salt to taste.
- Serves 2-4.