Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte
Nothing says fall like pumpkin spice, and enjoying these flavors in a warm drink is a great way to embrace the cooler temperatures of the season. This pumpkin spice chai latte is easy to make and has healthier ingredients than one you would buy at your local coffee shop. It is made with real pumpkin and sweetened with pure maple syrup. I use a combination of almond and coconut milk so that this version is also dairy free. Enjoy the latte served hot or poured over ice for a cold drink.
3 TBSP canned pumpkin
2 TBSP pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp cloves
1/8 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 3/4 cups almond milk
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 chai tea bags
Frothed almond milk or whipped coconut cream for topping
- In a small saucepan combine the pumpkin, maple syrup, and spices over medium heat, blending well.
- Add the almond milk and coconut milk and whisk well to combine.
- Bring the flavored milk to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla and 3 chai tea bags.
- Steep the tea for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and pour into 2 mugs.
- Top with frothed almond milk or whipped coconut cream.