Grilled Chicken Tacos with Guacamole
We eat a lot of tacos at our house. All varieties—shrimp, carnitas, fish, veggie, etc. They are all delicious and everyone loves them. One of our favorites are these grilled chicken tacos with guacamole. The marinade for the chicken has all the traditional flavors: lime, cilantro, garlic, and cumin. Plus nothing beats freshly made guacamole,—taco or no taco. Guacamole is everything!
Ingredients for the grilled chicken:
1 cup fresh cilantro
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 limes, juiced
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp sea salt
1 cup olive oil
4-8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Directions for the grilled chicken:
- Place the cilantro, garlic, lime juice, cumin, and sea salt in a food processor.
- Blend on high until well combined.
- Slowly add the olive oil through the top opening of the food processor while it is running until well combined.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken breasts is a large bowl.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 4-24 hours.
- When you are ready to grill, take the chicken out of the refrigerator and let it sit for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Grill the chicken breasts for 6-7 minutes per side or until done.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes and then slice the chicken.
- Serve with tortillas of choice or lettuce leaves and guacamole.
- Serves 4-8.
Ingredients for Guacamole:
4 ripe avocados
1 tomato, seeded and diced
1 sweet onion, diced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
3 limes, juiced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
Directions for Guacamole:
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit, and scoop into a medium bowl.
- Lightly mash the avocados with a potato masher or fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Adjust salt, lime juice, jalapeño, and garlic to taste.
- Serve immediately or store in a glass container, pressing plastic wrap to the surface of the guacamole to prevent browning, then add the lid.
- This makes a generous amount of guacamole because we like to have extra to serve with chips or veggie sticks. Feel free to cut the recipe in half if you do not want extra.