Brocollini is one of my favorite vegetables to grill. The thinner stalks allow it to cook evenly, allowing for a char on the tops and a tender-crisp stalk. I love the simple flavors of garlic, chili and lemon in this recipe. This Grilled Brocollini side dish couldn’t be any easier and it’s always a big hit.
1 pound broccolini
4 Tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 Tablespoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
Maldon or other coarse sea salt
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Rinse the brocollini and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, toss the broccolini with 4 Tablespoons of olive oil, minced garlic, salt and crushed red pepper.
- Cit the lemon in half widthwise and lightly brush some olive oil on the flesh.
- Place the broccolini on the grill perpendicular to the grill bars.
- Place the lemon halves on the grill flesh side down.
- Grill the broccolini for 5-8 minutes depending on the thickness, flipping with tongs.
- Place the broccolini on a platter and drizzle some olive oil over it.
- Add the pine nuts and lemon juice from the grilled lemon and sprinkle with coarse salt.