Greek Layer Dip
Greek Layer Dip is a fun and flavorful appetizer to serve at a party or bring to a potluck. I like to serve it with home baked pita chips and cucumber slices. Making your own hummus and pita chips is easy, but if you are in a hurry, you can pick up your favorite brands at the grocery store. To make the dip dairy free and vegan, omit the feta cheese. It still tastes fantastic!
2 cans chickpeas, drained
6 TBSP tahini
6 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 TBSP salt
4 tsp cumin
1 cup chopped peeled seedless cucumber
1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
1 cup chopped Kalamata olives
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, optional
1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- Place the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and cumin in a food processor.
- Blend for 1 minute then stop and scrape down the sides of the processor bowl.
- Blend for an additional 3-4 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the hummus on a large platter.
- Sprinkle the chopped cucumber over the hummus.
- Continue by sprinkling the tomatoes, black olives, feta, and parsley.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve with pita chips and cucumber slices.
- Link to Baked Pita Chip recipe