Grain Free Pumpkin Bread
It can be difficult to find good substitutes for baked goods when following a grain free diet. I love pumpkin bread and was determined to create a grain free and refined sugar free recipe that would satisfy my memories of fall treats. For this grain free pumpkin bread recipe, I baked many loaves before landing on the perfect combination of ingredients that produce a similar texture and taste to one with traditional ingredients. Even if you are not following a grain free or gluten free diet, you will love this healthier pumpkin bread.
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 TBSP cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
3/4 cup pure maple syrup
2 TBSP melted butter or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease a 1 pound loaf pan with butter or coconut oil.
- Sift together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Set aside.
- Place 3 eggs in the mixing bowl of an upright mixer and blend on high for 3 minutes until frothy.
- Add the pumpkin, maple syrup, and butter or coconut oil and mix well.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until done.
- Let cool.
- Slice and serve.