Easy Fresh Lemonade with Mint
This lemonade is so simple to make. The recipe uses the whole lemon, peel included, so no juicing is required. The essential oils in the peel not only add great flavor, but also help to boost immunity, aid digestion, and neutralize free radicals. The lemonade is sweetened with a honey simple syrup, so no refined sugars, artificial colorings or flavorings. It is wonderful on its own or you can add vodka for a refreshing summer cocktail. Enjoy!
3 organic lemons, cut into 8 pieces each
1 oz fresh mint
4 ½ cups water
1 cup honey simple syrup, recipe below
Pinch of sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on medium for 7-8 seconds. Don’t blend for longer or it can turn a little bitter.
- Pour through a mesh strainer into a pitcher with ice.
- Pour into glasses garnished with lemon slices and fresh mint.
Honey Simple Syrup
2 cups honey
1 cup water
- Combine honey and water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer then remove from heat and let cool.
- Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Use for sweetening cold liquids and drinks where honey on its own doesn’t dissolve well.