Dry Rub Chicken Wings
Using a dry rub is a great way to add flavor to finger food without the messiness of a sauce. These Dry Rub Chicken Wings feature a subtle sweet flavor from the honey that blends well with the smoked salt and other spices. If you’re looking for an easy recipe that is always a crowd pleaser, these wings are a sure bet.
4 pounds chicken wings
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons honey
1 1/2 Tablespoons smoked salt
1 Tablespoon granulated garlic
2 teaspoons granulated onion
1 Tablespoon oregano
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper or aluminum foil and top with an oven proof wire rack.
- Using a paper towel or clean dishcloth, rub some olive oil on the rack to prevent sticking.
- Dry the wings thoroughly with paper towels.
- In a large bowl whisk together 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and the honey.
- Add the wings and toss to completely coat.
- Combine the seasonings in small bowl and add to the wings.
- Toss the wings and coat them evenly.
- Arrange the wings in a single layer on the rack.
- Bake on the top third rack for 20 min.
- Flip and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Set the oven to broil and broil the wings for an additional 5 minutes or until crispy.
- Serve with EFK Dairy Free Cilantro Ranch or your favorite dipping sauce.