Chimichurri is an uncooked sauce that originated in Argentina. It is made with fresh parsley, garlic, and red pepper flakes. In my version I like to include cilantro. This recipe is easy to make and goes well with grilled meats, fish and vegetables.
1 cup of fresh cilantro
1 cup of fresh flat leaf parsley
5 cloves of garlic, minced
1 TBSP cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
3 TBSP fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup olive oil
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend for 30 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of the food processor bowl.
- Blend again for another 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
- If refrigerated, bring to room temperature before serving.