Blackberry Sage Prosecco
Adding a fruit syrup or liqueur is a fun way to dress up a glass of Prosecco or other sparkling wine. In this recipe I make a blackberry and sage syrup and sweeten it with honey. The combination adds a delicious fruity and earthy flavor as well as a beautiful color to the sparkling wine. Blackberry Sage Prosecco is a festive and perfect drink to serve before or after a meal.
4 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
1 cup honey
1/2 cup vodka
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup fresh sage, chopped
Prosecco or other sparkling wine, chilled
- In a medium saucepan combine the blackberries, honey, vodka, and water.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 30 minutes then add the sage.
- Simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Strain the blackberry mixture through a fine sieve.
- Allow the hot syrup to cool.
- Pour 1-2 Tablespoon(s) of the blackberry sage syrup into a glass.
- Fill the rest of the glass with chilled Prosecco and enjoy.
- Store any remaining syrup in the refrigerator for 1-2 months.