Puffed Quinoa and Peanut Butter Protein Bites
It is nice to have a healthy snack on hand after a workout or to hold you over between meals. Quick and easy to make, these protein bites fit the bill. They have plenty of protein and good fat to keep you satisfied. The honey and chocolate chips add just the right amount of sweetness too. I also love the crunch of the puffed quinoa.. (I buy my puffed quinoa from nuts.com.) Enjoy!
1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
3/4 cup puffed quinoa
1 1/2 cup almond flour
1/3 cup honey (sub real maple syrup for vegan)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients except the chocolate chips.
- Mix together well until it forms a soft dough.
- Mix in the chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate.
- Roll the mixture into balls.
- Place the protein bites in the freezer until set.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 days or in the freezer for a month.