If I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life, I think it would be guacamole. I don’t even need the chips. I would eat it with a spoon. Nothing beats homemade guacamole. I like it with everything- eggs, wraps, fish, steak, veggies, chips etc. Everyone has different preferences so feel free to adjust the amount of jalapeño, garlic, lime juice and salt to your taste. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Guacamole:
4 ripe avocados
1 tomato, seeded and diced
1 sweet onion, diced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
3 limes, juiced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
Directions for Guacamole:
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit, and scoop into a medium bowl.
- Lightly mash the avocados with a potato masher or fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Adjust salt, lime juice, jalapeño, and garlic to taste.
- Serve immediately or store in a glass container, pressing plastic wrap to the surface of the guacamole to prevent browning, then add the lid.
- This makes a generous amount of guacamole because we eat it a lot at our house and it will last in the refrigerator for 3 days.