Green Chili and Sausage Egg Cups
These Green Chili and Sausage Egg Cups are the perfect thing to have on hand for a quick breakfast or snack. They can be eaten warmed up or cold. You would never know they are dairy free because the coconut milk gives them a creamy consistency. The chicken sausage combined with the green chilis give them a burst of flavor. This recipe is easy to make, nutritious, delicious, portable, and great for busy mornings.
14 -16 oz. chicken breakfast sausage
1/2 cup canned full fat coconut milk, preferably without guar gum
1 4 oz. can diced green chilis
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Place 14 silicone muffin cups onto a baking sheet or spray a muffin pan with cooking spray
- In a large sauté pan, cook the sausage over medium heat until browned and set aside.
- Divide the sausage between the muffin cups.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs until well blended.
- Add the coconut milk and combine.
- Add the green chilis, mustard and salt.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Divide the sausage equally between the silicone muffin cups.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Egg cups may be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week and rewarmed in the microwave.