French Green Beans with Roasted Hazelnuts
I love green beans and serve them often at my house. They are simple to make and everyone likes them. In this recipe, I toss them in toasted hazelnut oil and add chopped hazelnuts, a squeeze of lemon, and coarse sea salt. I roast the hazelnuts myself, but you can use already roasted ones and skip that step if you like. Enjoy!
16 oz French or regular green beans
1 TBSP roasted hazelnut oil
1/2 cup raw hazelnuts
1/4 of a lemon
Maldon or other coarse sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spread hazelnuts on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Roast the hazelnuts for 15 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking the pan halfway through roasting.
- Remove the pan from the oven and transfer the hazelnuts into a clean dish towel.
- Rub the hazelnuts in the dish towel to remove the bitter skins.
- Place the hazelnuts on a cutting board and roughly chop.
- Fill a medium saucepan with 1/2 inch of water and a pinch of sea salt.
- Add the green beans and bring the water to a simmer.
- Cook covered until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the water from the pan.
- Add the toasted hazelnut oil and chopped hazelnuts to the green beans.
- Squeeze the juice from the quartered lemon over the beans.
- Sprinkle with the coarse sea salt and toss well.
- Serves 4.